I have several test plans committed to CVS for use by development team
members.  The test plans all need a server address and port number
configured for the local development system.

I would like each developer to define a properties file that can be
read, or set environment variables, but I do not see how to get JMeter
to use these in the HTTP Request Default configuration item.

RTM is an acceptable answer but a chapter reference will be appreciated.

Thanks
Michael