On 08/05/2008, raja raman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>         I have a scenario where I log in to my webapp and my session gets
>  invalidated after 120 minutes.

Seems like your webapp is going to annoy users as well if it insists
on timing out the user even if the session is active ...

> I have a plan where login page is added as the
>  first request followed by a set of other http requests..Is there a provision
>  where I would be able to execute the login page alone after 120 minutes and
>  continue with the testplan?
>         When I tried adding a timer to the login request I observed that the
>  subsequent request was only getting delayed by the time specified.

Yes, that's what timers are for.

If your test does lots of samples, you could add an extra login
samplers at about the point where the 2 hours is up.

If you are running samples in a loop, then just run the login sampler
every N loops, either by using an If Controller with a count, or by
factoring the loop into nested loops, e.g

Loop 10
+ Loop 100

would run the login after ever 100 loops.

Or you can experiment with the __time() function and If Controller.

[But you might find it easier to fix the application ;-) ]