I'm not sure that these errors are related to the users. Anyway, I ended up
not using that feature since it didn't really fit my needs. What I did is to
extract the thread number from my Java sampler and deriving the user name
and password from the it (.e.g. thread1 --> user1/pass1). I did it with the
following code:

                String threadName = Thread.currentThread().getName();
                int pos = threadName.lastIndexOf('-');
                String userIndex = threadName.substring(pos+1);

Hicham