Thanks for your response, Sebb.

But... (see below)

sebb wrote:
On 21/10/2008, Sylvain RICHET <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,
 (spent a couple hours before posting this question... but no clear
response)

 *Howto declare a specific JavaScript, and then use it ?*

 e.g :
 [...]
 function getSomething(myParameter) {
   // code here : work on "myParameter"
   return smthg;
 }
 [...]

 /*1) Howto declare this script ?*/

 "sebb" started to respond to this question in :
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-jmeter-user/200810.mbox/browser
 see : "/please help with a javascript error/"

 /*2) Howto use/address it (and pass parameters) ?*/

 "Sebb" said :

 ${__javascript(${SCRIPT})}

Yes.

 or more probably: ${__javascript(${SCRIPT}, myParameter)}

No, I did not. You can't pass parameters to the script that way.
So, how to pass parameter to a specific script ?
(i insist on "specific": it means a user-defined script)
 ...ok, but where EXACTLY the script is defined ? And how ?

As per the cited e-mail thread:

"I've just discovered that you can define the script as a variable
(e.g. SCRIPT on the test plan"

In other words: Define the script as a variable on the Test Plan.

 Thanks in advance
 An help would be greatly appreciated
 ;-)

Please read:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html
i have already red it !
It speaks about :
- "user-defined static values"
- "built-in functions"
OK...but no :
- "user-defined functions (with parameter)" ?

And where is explained the way to "define the script as a variable" ?