On 21/10/2008, sudheer reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How to use JDBC request defaults  in other requests

There is no such element as a JDBC Request Default.

There is a JDBC Connection Configuration element which can only be
used in a  JDBC Request sampler.

>  I have written a sql query in JDBC request and I got the result but i don't
>  know how to use this variable in other HTTP request.
>
>  scenario
>
>  using JDBC request i have got result which is assigned to a variable say '*
>  A'.*
>  **
>  Now I have to use this '*A' *in HTTP request for a parameter say ' *X* ' .
>
>  I have associated a Regular expression extractor to this JDBC request  and

What do you mean by "associated" ?

>  given values in this post processor as given below
>
>  *reference name : variable*
>  *regular expression : (.*)"*
>  *template : $1$*
>  *match number : 1*
>  *default value : error*

Looks OK.

>  **
>  *here reference name and the variable name in JDBC request is same*
>  **

JMeter variables are not related in any way to SQL names.

>  and  in HTTP request for  a parameter
>
>  *number  : ${variable}*

OK

>  **
>  when i run the test  and  check the response data this parameter in HTTP
>  request is taking default value of regular expression instead of JDBC
>  variable.

That means the RE PostProcessor has been run OK, and the HTTP sampler
used the correct variable, but the RE PP was either applied to the
wrong input or the RE was incorrect. Given that the RE is very simple,
it's probably because the RE PP was applied to the wrong input.

Did you add the RE PP as a child of the JDBC Sampler?