>Are you sure you copied that last log entry correctly?
>Or have you got both types of HTTP Sampler in the test plan?

There are likely both in the plan.  I didn't pay much attention at which
I copied because there were over 18megs of this stuff in the log :)

>Make sure you are using keep-alive where necessary to reduce connection
churn.

The best I can tell, this failed right near the start of the run in this
case.  So I don't think keep alives were part of the issue..

The other poster's comment about another JVM running is a possibility
(another user logged in via another session).  Because the failure
seemed to be a one-time thing.  It's been running nightly for months and
then it totally melted down just this one night.