Hi,

In our JMeter test we fire requests to the server every second in a
loop. However, every n runs of the loop we want to fire an another
additional request off.

At present we do an if controller, but the condition in the if
controller uses a beanshell reference. This seems to be very slow and so
we only manage to run 20 threads okay, but much more than that and the
requests per second doesn't scale up.

When we remove the if controllers with the beanshell conditions, then
the test scales properly.

Is there 1) a way to create variables that can be accessed both in
beanshell and if conditions that is faster than using vars? Or 2) Must
we create our own frequency controller, similar to the throughput
controller, that will only execute it's children every n runs? But
perhaps there is already a way to use existing JMeter componenets to
resolve this issue?

TIA
John

John Coleman, MSTA
Senior Java Developer

Eurobase Banking Solutions
Bury House, 31 Bury Street,
London EC3A 5AG, U.K.

Office:  +44 (0)1245 496 706, Fax: +44 (0)20 7626 6203
Mobile: +44 (0)7590 055576