On 18/02/2009, Wen, Fred TRAN:EX <fred....@gov.bc.ca> wrote:
> I'm using JMeter 2.3.2 to test an IIS6 site with only NTLM auth enabled.
>  Client, server and Windows user are all in the same domain. In  HTTP
>  Authorization Manager I specified another domain account/password to use
>  for authentication.

OK.

>  If I use HTTP Request HttpClient sampler, the server response is 500 -
>  internal server error. I have tweaked pre-emptive config according to
>  JMeter docs but it makes no difference.

I don't think one can use pre-emptive auth with NTLM.

>  If I use HTTP Request sampler, the authentication is performed using
>  Windows user acct, not the acct I specified in HTTP Authorization
>  Manager as supposed to.

The Http Request (Java) sampler ignores the domain.

Try using domain/user in the user field.

>  I used Wireshark to monitor the underlying
>  traffic and found the account specified in HTTP Authorization Manager is
>  supplied to server using Basic authentication (clear password) in first
>  request - the preemptive mode. The server rejected the request with 401
>  response; next round Windows account is provided in NTLM mode by JMeter.

Are you referrring to HttpClient or the non-HttpClient sampler?

>  In summary no matter what sampler I use, JMeter stumbled on NTLM
>  authentication and HTTP Authorization Manager didn't not perform as
>  expected.
>  Any suggestions?

See above re domain/user

Is the server publicly accessible?
That would help in testing any possible solutions.