Please remove the "java -version" and "echo %path%" line in the batch file....

With Regards,
Suvendu

-----Original Message-----
From: gpub [mailto:affablepr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:10 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jmeter launcing prob

thanks guys!! query solved

editing the .bat file
set path = C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_16\bin
java -version
echo %path%

if .%JM_LAUNCH% == . set JM_LAUNCH=java.exe

then with .bat file Jmeter is getting launced

Deepak Shetty wrote:

> Your echo path shows
> C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin which is what will get picked up.
> Modify you path using control panel -- system -- environment variables to
> change the Path to have a Java 1.4\bin at the start. OR create a file
> called
> runjmeter.bat in the jmeter bin directory and use something like
>
> set PATH=PATHTOJAVA1.4BIN;.
> jmeterw
> Note this is the Path to Sun JDK  1.4 (not jmeter) , if you dont have it ,
> download it from sun's site
>
> regards
> deepak
>

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:39 PM, gpub <affablepr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> allright!!
>> the java console error is removed[actually was nt an error  :) ], option
>> unchecked
>>
>> Checked version with echo %path%
>> D:\oracle\ora92\bin; C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;  C:\Program
>> Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin; C:\WINDOWS\system32; C:\WINDOWS;
>> C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem; C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX
>>
>> Jmeter is in -->gubhi\Desktop\Jmeter\jakarta-jmeter-2.3\bin
>>
>> now what path to modify in jmeter.bat and what to comment of below few
>> details?
>>
>> Environment variables that can be defined externally:
>> rem
>> rem   JMETER_BIN - JMeter bin directory (must end in \)
>> rem   JM_LAUNCH - java.exe (default) or javaw.exe
>> rem   JVM_ARGS - additional java options, e.g. -Dprop=val
>> rem
>> rem   =====================================================
>> if .%JM_LAUNCH% == . set JM_LAUNCH=java.exe
>> --
>> --
>> and last string is
>>
>> %JM_START% %JM_LAUNCH% %JVM_ARGS% %ARGS% -jar
>> "%JMETER_BIN%ApacheJMeter.jar"
>> %JMETER_CMD_LINE_ARGS%
>>

>> Regards
>> -GP
>>

>> Deepak Shetty wrote:
>> >
>> > Oracle Client does put its version of java on the PATH. Open a command
>> > window and do an echo %PATH% see which version of java is first.
>> > Alternately
>> > modify jmeter.bat where it is launching java and comment out the rest
>> and
>> > just have a  -version to see what version of java is getting picked up.
>> > Secondly you need to see why you are getting a forbidden response .
>> theres
>> > no performance impact disabling them, but your test may not be right
>> with
>> > these disabled.
>> > The popup you are getting is the java console window for the browser is
>> it
>> > not? You can goto control panel --> java --> advanced tab --> java
>> console
>> > and you probably have show console checked or something. Your app is
>> using
> [...]

DISCLAIMER:
intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE
COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is
appreciated.