I am using JMeter version 2.3.3. I have followed the instructions  in:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/jmeter_distributed_testing_step_by_step.pdf

My system is the master system, and my friend's system is the slave system. I
am trying to do remote testing by running JMeter: Run -> Remote Start -> his
I.P. address. However this is not working, and looking at the log, I am getting
the following error messages:

2009/05/28 14:46:43 ERROR - jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart: Failed to initialise
remote engine java.rmi.NoSuchObjectException: no such object in table
    at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown
Source)
    at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
    at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.getEngine(ClientJMeterEngine.java:51)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.<init>(ClientJMeterEngine.java:64)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doRemoteInit(RemoteStart.java:163)
    at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doAction(RemoteStart.java:74)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.performAction(ActionRouter.java:80)
    at
org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.access$000(ActionRouter.java:42)
    at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter$1.run(ActionRouter.java:59)

I hope I am doing it correctly. According to the documentation, he only has his
JMeter server running ( not the JMeter running), and I only have my JMeter
running ( and not the JMeter server running, even though running both in both
the systems also did not make any difference). We both have the same JMeter
version 2.3.3 running with the same JDK version 1.5. Is there something else
that needs to be edited? The only change I made in the jmeter.properties file
was to add his ip address under the remote_hosts property.

Thanks,

Chintan

http://www.microsoft.com/india/windows/windowslive/photos.aspx