On 17/09/2009, Gokulakannan Somasundaram <gokul...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  >
>  > However, if the Listener can be written to accept perfomance data from
>  > different sources, and a suitable data format is published, it might
>  > be useful to include it as a standard part of JMeter.
>  >
>  >

> Can i get some help here?  I can definitely make the Listener accept the
>  performance data in a particular format(say some XML Schema). But still it
>  would have the restriction of JVM 1.6 (since jinfo works only in that
>  version) and will work only with Solaris.

There are two issues here:
- whether JMeter will build on Java 1.5 non-Solaris
- whether JMeter will run on Java 1.5 non-Solaris if the monitoring
code is not used.

If you use exec(), then AFAICT JMeter will be unaffected; however the
new monitoring code won't be usable except on Solaris/Java 1.6.

If you decide to use JNI, then JMeter must still be usable without the
JNI module.