Thanks Deepak. Thanks for your reply. I too agree that it is purely subjective. But yes i am having great time working with JMeter :)

Thanks
Jatin

Deepak Shetty wrote:
Purely subjective(and ive used grinder years back so things might have
changed)
a. JMeter is easier to implement than Grinder (if you dont have a
programming background). grinder is mainly for programmer's where as JMeter
could be run by people who only need to know how HTTP works.
b. JMeter is easier to parameterise the data to the tests
c. Easier to vary the structure of tests (e.g. Interleaves, random etc)
d. Jmeter has more stuff out of the box (e.g. the various extractors ,
asserters)
e. Grinder is closer to the API's so I guess advanced customisations (that
are possible in java) might in theory be easier than Jmeter where you'd
probably need to change JMeter code
f. Community support - Very rarely have I seen a question go answered in
these forums. You'd need to check Grinder forums if you have the same level
of support.

take a look at http://grinder.sourceforge.net/g3/script-gallery.html and
compare with how you would implement the same with JMeter. As such Grinder
is closer to Load Runner. You'd probably get a different answer on the
grinder forums :)

As far as Stress testing HTTP sites go , you should be able to do this using
either tool (in the sense that most of the things you do normally with one
tool , you can do with the other).

dated comparison from google -
http://blackanvil.blogspot.com/2006/06/shootout-load-runner-vs-grinder-vs.html

Perhaps a more relevant question is what do you want to do/test (rather than
a what all features do these tools support). If fairly typical web tests
then either tool should be fine

regards
deepak