On 31/03/2010, Patrick Li <dragonit...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,I am using Constant Throughput Timer to control the number of requests
> made to the server per unit of time.  The doc suggests that the actual
> throughput is dependent on the actual processing power.  Is it possible to
> send requests regardless if the server is capable of handling it?  We are
> trying to workout the limit.

No, you cannot continue to send requests faster than the server will
accept them, because JMeter waits for a response before sending the
next request.

However, that is not a problem because by definition you have then
found the server limit.

This assumes that the JMeter host and/or network is not the limiting
factor. You can check that by splitting the load across two
independent JMeter hosts.