hi
You can simulate the same behavior with a single thread as well right? While
I can understand there might be a JMeter bug that manifests itself under
parallel access , i cant quite see how this happens with a single thread.
What are you thread group settings for the sing thread , you run multiple
iterations?

For the second case, it depends on ythe encoding of your file (I cant
remember if Jmeter supports unicode yet in stringfromfile..)

regards
deepak