Hey

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag

As you increase the load, both the throughput and the response time
increase. There is a knee beyond which throughput would remain constant and
the response time would then increase exponentially.

Looks like you haven't reached that knee yet at 3.1 req/sec throughput, so
the throughput will increase to 5 req/sec (knee throughput).

There are lot of other operations which this test is doing like network
time, client rendering time, server socket connections that might also add
to the increasing response time in addition to the time taken by your
application.

Also as the response time has increased by 10 times, the throughput has only
increased less than 2 times (not much as compared to response time).

You can draw the knee curve for both throughput against load, response time
over load if you can measure more test.

Something like:

Request/sec    Response Time   Throughput

700                 3000 ms             3/sec
5000               40000ms             4/sec
9600             114300ms             5/sec (Almost the knee i think)
15000          3337777ms             5.2/sec
30000          7778888ms             5.3/sec

If you put your results (the above are only a sample) in an excel sheet, and
get the curve chart, you would be able to see the response time curve
(exponential) and throughput curve(plateau over a hill)

Deepak
   --
Keigu

Deepak