Hi,

sorry I didn't get back, the issue is rather involved and also a bit off
topic.

On 08/24/10 14:38, piranha wrote:

> Hello Felix,
>
> I didn't exactly get you. Can you tell me:
> 1) How can i set my browser to use my local Jmeter proxy?

It's the normal step for recording a test plan, refer to the Jmeter
Manual. Typically, you tell the browser to use the localhost with port
8080 as proxy server.

> 2) how can i make reverse proxy listen to particular port 80?

Basically you want to configure (say) nginx to act like a local
webserver and just listen to port 80.
Use its mod_proxy to forward requests to where they actually are meant
to get (i.e. the server you want to test).

As you still need to pass the actual proxy, you will require an
additional squid instance after all.
Install squid and configure it to listen to yet another local port
(default ist 3128) and act as a "transparent proxy", chaining with your
network's proxy.
nginx then needs to forward its requests to squid instead of the real
server you need to reach. But nginx *will* have to take care of
inserting the correct Host: headers.

This should work, though I never tried this specific setup.

All this can't really be explained in a short mail, so if you absolutely
have to record test plans through a web proxy in your network, I advise
to read up on the topics mentioned above and make your setup step by step.

Cheers,
Felix