It executes on the controller machine when I launch jmeter with this command

./jmeter -t plan_xxx.jmx -r

then I run it on the configured remote hosts using menu option..it doesn't
execute there
on the remote hosts. one thing i noticed is that this code(.bsh) gets
executed not when
i run the test plan but when I launch jmeter...

by listener i meant our custom code that looks for incoming requests run by
the
.bsh file..

Himanshu