On 1 November 2010 10:32, SanderW <san...@performancearchitecten.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm noticing some differences in recording with Internet Explorer 6 versus 7
> concerning files with extension axd.
>
> If I browse (visit 5 pages) with IE7 on a SharePoint application I see 3
> unique entries for WebResource.axd in the IIS log.
> When I start recording the same 5 pages with JMeter while using IE7 as a
> browser it generates much more HTTP Requests for the WebResource.axd and I
> see duplicate entries in the IIS log.
>
> When I use IE6 as a browser during recording with JMeter it only generates
> the 3 unique entries.
>
> Does anybody has a clue why JMeter is recording differently between IE6 and
> 7?

The trite answer is that the browsers must be sending different requests.
JMeter only records what it is sent.

However, the question is why do the requests differ?
Perhaps a previous response causes the browser to behave differently.

JMeter does not forward the browser request unchanged; it converts it
into a sampler and then executes that.
This process may result in different data being seen by the server,
which in turn may respond differently.
[Some changes may be due to JMeter, and some may be due to the HTTP
implementation.]

It would be useful to know how the browser requests differ when
connecting directly to the site.
And of course, if the site response differs.

You could do this using a protocol analyser such as Wireshark.
Or there may be a plugin that captures the traffic.