Hey

Namaskara~Nalama~Guten Tag

Throughput = Number of Users or Threads in Jmeter's case

                          Think Time + Response Time

So if your response time varies as in the second case for the same number of
threads (or users), your throughput will vary (request/sec). More the
response time, less the throughput and vice versa.

Deepak

   --
Keigu

Deepak