hi all,

My question pertains to use of timers to simulate "think time".

Here's a usecase : Use requests two urls:

          url1
              foo.html
              foo.css
              foo.js
          url2
              bar.html
              bar.css
              bar.js

I would like think time to apply only to "main request" (foo.html, bar.html)
not  the supporting requests (css, js). The reason: the browser downloads
these 'supporting' files immediately, not with a 2-5 second delay between
.html, .css, and .js

I understand from a coworker that:
a) if I put a timer at the start of a thread group, according to the
following setup, jmeter will randomize the interval between all requests
(i.e. including html, css, and .js)
b) one must manually edit the script to  add timers between foo.html,
bar.html ,etc.

questions:
a) Can someone confirm this
b) what's the easiest way to add think time (as described above) to a
script?

Example setup
ThreadGroup
  HttHeaderManager
  CSVData Set Config
  HttpCookieManager
  GaussianRandomTimer <--- Timer aedded at the start of the thread gropu
  Transaction Controller
      SimpleController
          url1
              foo.html