On 05/19/2011 09:07 PM, Chian Zhong... wrote:
> Hi:
>
> My app has two frames at any time, when I click on a certain link, a dialog
> will show up.
> This dialog has its own frame in it. So the flow is as following :
>
> 1. click a link on one of the two frames... ( here, http post comes with one
> of the two frame ids )...
> 2. a dialog is loading.... ( here, a get is recorded by jmeter, I inserted a
> regular expression extractor here to get the newly loaded dialogframe id )
> 3. perform some action on the dialog ( post here with the dialogframe id..by
> recording...)
>
> My difficult is:
> 2. on this step, the regular expression extractor gives me nothing new,
> dialogframe ids are the same as the frame ids on step 1;
> 3. since I don't have a new dialogframe id, I tried both frameid one at
> time, the response data gave me the page before step 2...
>
> I used debugbar to know the frames, but the dialog is the module dialog, I
> can't spy any frame or id on it.
> Anyone can suggest me how I should debug this ?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

why are the frames so important?

I disbelieve that Jmeter has a notion of frames. Your application should
not behave much differently if you omit the "frame IDs" or use the same
in all requests.

If there are implications that cause trouble for your application, it
would probably be easier to work around those problems and ignore the
frameset.

HTH,
Felix