We have a bunch of ThreadGroups each with a Constant Throughput Timer
using the mode "Calculate throughput based on all active threads
(shared)"

We are finding that if you start a large number of threads then they
all get to run once before the throughput will influence when to run
the threads.

This is because in the delay() method the "previousTime" will
initially be zero. and the comment states
        /*
         * If previous time is zero, then target will be in the past.
         * This is what we want, so first sample is run without a delay.
        */

I think this needs to check which mode is being used, and if it is a
shared one (either through based on all active threads, or the current
thread group) to use the
ThroughputInfo.lastScheduledTime instead of the previousTime variable.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?