Ah, there was a problem with very old tests on newer versions of jmeter. I
thought that might be what was happening. It sounds like something is
corrupting the test's XML. Either that or possibly there's a missing plugin
or something. Is this happening on different systems? Or is something other
than jmeter writing to the test's JMX file?

I've seen similar things happen when using include controllers. If you're
passing in the include controller prefix in your startup script and happen
to use a different startup script that doesn't pass in the same prefix, that
could potentially cause that sort of problem.

If none of those apply, I'm stumped for possible jmeter causes. At that
point I'd start looking at the system to see if there are signs of a faulty
disk or other hardware that might be causing files to become corrupt.

--
Bruce Ide
flyingrhenqu...@gmail.com