On 08/08/2011 06:43 PM, Deepak Shetty wrote:
> Aren't you missing that the user has already said that he can capture the
> link (in which case he is already measuring the time it takes to download
> the file) - and he has specifically asked to be able to record the save
> browser dialog.

I did unintentionally skip that. The reason is that I was left with the
impression that the OP thought that the download itself wasn't properly
measured.

You are correct of course in your assertion that this level of user
interaction is absolutely beside the point of load and stress testing
(especially when taking into account that browsers *will* start
downloading immediately, in the background, and not wait until the user
has filled the "save as" forms...)

Sorry for being an ass about it ;-)