On 14 September 2011 16:16, Karthik110885 <karthik110...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am a newbie so please tolerate with my ignorance :)
>
> I have installed JMeter 2.5 version and have configured HTTP Request sampler
> to send a request. I receive the response successfully without any issues.
> Now, i have to verify that the response contains a particular block of xml
> (multiple lines) to make sure that i have received the proper response. So i
> have added response assertion to the HTTP Request sampler and copied the
> block of xml to it
>
> Now, When i send HTTP request to a server in non-windows platform everything
> works fine. But when i send the same request to a server in windows
> platform, the response assertion fails even though the response contains the
> block of xml verified through response assertion. But if i give a one line
> text or one line xml from the block of xml in response assertion it is
> passed.
>
> Please let me know if i am doing anything wrong. Is multiple line comparison
> allowed in response assertion?

That sounds like an issue with end-of-line matching.

I would expect the response to not vary between OSes, but perhaps the
regex processing might.

You can save the input XML using this Listener:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Save_Responses_to_a_file

and make sure they are the same on both OSes.

If so, then it must be an issue with the way the regex is defined or processed.