On 23 September 2011 15:32, mkt <michaelkturner...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will running from the command line so Module is out.  I started with

The Module Controller does work in non-GUI mode (and client-server);
the JMeter unit test file BatchTestLocal.jmx includes an example.

> variables, but ran into an issue.  There are some users that get pages
> returned that others don't but the logic is done in PL/SQL and I don't see a
> way to use any logic controller to key off of this.  There are no javascript
> variables to read.
>
> And with variables I'm not clear on how it would work, i.e.
>
> User1
> ID,PW
> dataentry1,dataentry2,dataentry3
>
> User2
> ID,PW
> dataentry1
>
> User3
> ID,PW
> dataentry1,dataentry2,dataentry3,dataentry4,dataentry5,dataentry6
>
> So we have 3 users lets say, all have the common ID and PW variables, but
> then each user will enter a different number of data elements then save.

How are the variables used? Are they HTTP Parameters? Are you using GET or POST?
If using GET, then parameters are ignored if the name is blank, so
that may be one way to do it.

Also, the Switch Controller might be useful; add child samples with
1,2,3 etc. parameters and use the variable to select which one is
used.

Alternatively, one can use a BSH or BSF Pre-Processor to populate the
parameters; this has been discussed on this list a few times.
In this case, the CSV file should probably contain a field with the
number of parameters, followed by the actual parameters.
That would help with the Switch Controller as well.

> Not clear on how to reduce the loops other than group them together by the
> number of data entries they have.

See above - there are lots of ways to configure JMeter.