On 27 September 2011 19:04, Bruce Wobbe <br...@thewobbes.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> is there a way to get the sample number produced in the jtl? I've tried
>            <property name="jmeter.save.saveservice.sample_count"

That's the number of samples in the result; could be >1 for parent sampler.

> value="true"/>
>
> but this value is 1 for each sample. I want to be able to look at the jtl
> and and a particular item to see it line up with the html that is produced.
> n other words when I look at the html and see for example sample 77 is slow
> I want to be able to go into the jtl and quickly find sample 77

If you use CSV output, it produces 1 line for each sample (plus
header, if selected).
Makes finding the sample trivial.

Otherwise, you might want to try

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/listeners.html#sample_variables

in conjunction with a global counter variable.

Or you can include the variable in the sample label.

Or you could process the JTL with a scripting language and add numeric
tags to each sample.