Thank you, Sebb.
I managed to locate the problem area.

I identified the samplers and non-sampler elements used in my test plans
Plan1 and Plan2. Details below:

http://jmeter.512774.n5.nabble.com/file/n4924571/sampler_details.png

As you had suggested, I tried to execute test plans remotely, with different
samplers. The following were the samplers I tried.

a) Webservice (SOAP) request
b) HTTP request
c) dummy sampler
d) jp@gc - http raw request

In each of the first 3 cases, remote execution was successful. No exceptions
were thrown.

But, when I tried to execute a testplan that uses the sampler "jp@gc - http
raw request", I face the "NotSerializableException".

So, I believe, the problem is with the sampler "jp@gc - http raw request".

This was not one of the default samplers available with JMeter 2.4. This is
a custom plugin, I downloaded from the below site:

http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/

I had to use "jp@gc - http raw request" sampler instead of the default "HTTP
Request" sampler, because my requests to the servers are JSON strings of
varying length (generated by the beanshell preprocessor) and I could not use
"HTTP Request" for this.

Is there any way to resolve the issue with "jp@gc - http raw request"
sampler or any workarounds to get this working?

Thanks and Regards,
Sasidhar Sekar