Hi,

Yesterday, I suggested a few things about what to do with localized
pages not yet updated.
My preference is that localized pages not yet updated should be kept but
they should display a warning about their current status.
I can work on a mechanism to help doing this, but I prefer to have
feedback from others before starting to work on this.

What do you think ?

In each directory of Jmol-web, we would add (when necessary) a file name
outdated.xml containing the list of languages that are outdated (and to
what extent).
For example, the following file would indicate that Spanish translation
is not outdated, French needs major modifications, Dutch needs minor
modifications.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<outdated>
  <es>no</es>
  <fr>major</fr>
  <nl>minor</nl>
</outdated>

When someone updates the English version of a page, he would increment
the level of outdated for each translation according to the extent of
his modifications.
For example, in the case of a minor modification, he would change
Spanish to "minor" (the other languages are already at least at minor,
so no change).

When someones updates the translation, he would change the level of
outdated of his language to "no".

The rest of the procedure would be taken care of by the build script (I
think I can do it).

We would also need a file for each language giving the text of the
warning to use in the web pages.
Something like this for French (outdated_fr.xml) :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<outdated>
 <minor>Cette page a été traduite à partir d'une version précédente de
la page en Anglais. Quelques modifications mineures n'ont pas encore été
traduites.</minor>
 <major>Cette page a été traduite à partir d'une version précédente de
la page en Anglais. Des modifications importantes n'ont pas encore été
traduites.</major>
 <full>Cette page a été traduite à partir d'une version précédente de la
page en Anglais. Cette page est obsolète.</full>
</outdated>

In English, that would be:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<outdated>
 <minor>This page was translated from a previous version of the English
page. Some minor modifications have not been translated yet.</minor>
 <major>This page was translated from a previous version of the English
page. Major modifications have not been translated yet.</major>
 <full>This page was translated from a previous version of the English
page. This page is obsolete.</full>
</outdated>

Nico