>>  <applet height="12"
>>                 archive="JmolApplet.jar,gnujaxp.jar" width="12"
>>                 code="JmolAppletControl" mayscript="true">
>>                   <param name="target" value="Int1" />
>>                   <param name="type" value="chimeToggle" />
>>                   <param name="script"  etc
>
>Don't know why this would have failed.
>
>But ... this is a JmolAppletControl for putting up a button, not a
>JmolApplet for reading molecular model files and displaying them ... so
>you don't need gnujaxp.jar in this case ... only the case where you say:
>
>  code='JmolApplet'
>
>> Ie the ability to throw up buttons to perform scripts, ie
>
>Buttons don't need to parse XML ... no need for gnujaxp.jar

Just to qualify the above.  If a button as shown above includes any script such
as
"load RRSS_fm-5-ts2.xml;   wireframe .1;  etc"

then indeed even the button needs to include
archive="JmolApplet.jar,gnujaxp.jar".
It simply does not work without it, which is why  I included it in the example
above.
I think even if the script is referring to a previously loaded  XML file, it
still needs
archive="JmolApplet.jar,gnujaxp.jar" in the button declaration.
This need to load gnujaxp.jar  also limits the ability to use the Jmol.js
library,
which as currently constituted, does not invoke gnujaxp.jar.

--

Henry Rzepa.
+44 (020) 7594 5774 (Voice); +44 (0870) 132 3747 (eFax); [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(Voracious anti-spam filter in operation for received email.
If expected reply not received, please phone/fax).