>>> Also http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/chemime/tests/object/
>>> (this being a test of the  <object> tag, which fails miserably in  10.3!)
>
>Netscape 7.1/Windows XP: I do see a crude model, which I can manipulate with
>the mouse. So I guess that object is working. But the "Load" links don't do
>anything as far as I can tell.
>(Using # in a URL for the same page with this platform doesn't reload the
>page, just jumps to that anchor, which as far as I can tell doesn't work. I'm
>guessing that they really aren't supposed to do anything, right?)

This feature was in the  W3C HTML draft of the time, but rarely if ever
supported

>Is this page using one of the really early versions of Jmol? The status
>message indicating that TAB would do something doesn't seem to correlate with
>actual behavior.

Yes, above page was written in 2000! I think we were hopeful that it would
become  "standard"

>I've never used the <object> tag. I have a question: What's the object nesting
>about? Is the idea there something like, "If you have java capability, use
>Jmol, else if you have the chime plugin, use that, else if you have VMRL, use
>that, else just show them the damn picture"?

Exactly

--

Henry Rzepa.
+44 (020) 7594 5774 (Voice); +44 (0870) 132 3747 (eFax); [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(Voracious anti-spam filter in operation for received email.
If expected reply not received, please phone/fax).