Uwe wrote:
> Hmmm, I still don't understand that. So what is missing in this file ?

You just need to display a higher model number.

load samples/gaussian/ch3oh_g94.out;
model 9;
vibration on;

> That's a pity for me, now I have to rework my files. Is there any
> documentation which informations are being parsed by jmol from a
> gaussian.out file ?

I did not work on the GaussianReader.

Source code is in src/org/jmol/adapter/smarter/GaussianReader.java

> Or is there even a simpler format to animate
> vibrations ? The informations I obtain from my MD are only species,
> positions and eigenvectors an -values.

XYZ format supports vibrations.

{elementSymbol} {x} {y} {z} {xVector} {yVector} {zVector}

For an example try

load samples/xyz/cs2.xyz
vibration on

>> Launch the Jmol application
>> Open samples/gaussian/h3oh_g94.out
>> Tools -> AtomSetChooser...
>>
>> A control panel will appear.
>

> thanks a lot, sorry for blaming jmol,

No problem at all. There is no documentation and it is not obvious that
this is what one should do.

> I didn't  notice that because I
> tried with the wrong files and was used to jmol9...

Jmol v10 was a complete rewrite of jmol, so a number of things changed.

Miguel