Frieda Reichsman wrote:

On Jul 21, 2005, at 6:56 PM, Miguel wrote:

I think that the slab slider would appear after execution of 'slab on'

 :-O    Oh!!  Cool!

But I can also easily imagine a situation in which an author decides
not to have it showing, but I as a user would benefit from slabbing.
That's why I think the mouse gestures are very good.

If I were to do a slider my inclination would be to say that it always
appeard when you were in 'slab on' mode.

If the author did not want to offer it by default, you could turn it on
via the popup menu.

I think you have completely resolved my doubts about the slider. Nifty stuff!

Frieda

I have not had the time yet to try out version 10.00.22 but want to bring another point into the discussion.

It may be more comfortable to use a slider for controlling slab, but any control popping up in the applet window has a disadvantage: it needs a more or less big part of the window, disturbing the view of the structures shown. Especially if someone wants to make a screenshot it might be annoying and would at least require additional steps to get it out of the image.

So I would suggest that the slider should get its own switch for hiding it without switching slab off. By default it could be switched on so that it would be shown if slab is switched on.

Regards,
Rolf