On Jul 22, 2005, at 11:34 AM, Miguel wrote:

I followed these directions that were displayed by ShiftButtonBug in
Terminal's window:

These were old instructions from the bug report that I submitted to Apple.

OK.

do a Shift Right-click
and see that Button1 is also being returned.
And when you release the mouse state says that Button1
is still pressed

Here is the output I got in the Terminal window:

  e.getButton() says button 3
5184 -> Shift+Button1+Button3

e.getButton() says button 3
1088 -> Shift+Button1

So, this bug did not get fixed in the version of OSX that you are running.

Q: What version of OSX are you running?

10.3.9

Open a terminal and type 'java -version'

Q: What version of java are you running?

terminal says:

java version "1.4.2_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-141.3)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2-38, mixed mode)

Now, 2 questions:

1. Do I repeat this process with the keystoke combos we are interested
in for slabbing, and send the results (output) to you as above?

Yes, I suppose ...

Q: Can you understand the output?

given your interpretation of the above output, I believe so... but I was not sure if the other info was needed by you, like the four digit number that starts each second line, or the first line prior to "says button 3", etc., etc. If that stuff is irrelevant then I imagine I can figure it out.

2. Can you help me with quitting ShiftButtonBug, since when I followed
the instruction:
To exit give the focus to your terminal window and press ^C

nothing happened except
^C
appeared in the terminal window...

You did hit 'CTRL-C' ... correct?

Guess I did not know what ^C *really* means-- I typed ^ literally , as in SHIFT-6... <blush>

but now I know...

Will get back to you (and the list) with info from testing.

Frieda

 If that does not work, then
  1. click on the gui close box to shut down the terminal
  2. consider filing a bug report with Apple ;-)

Miguel

Frieda Reichsman, PhD
Molecules in Motion
Interactive Molecular Structures