Dear Miguel,

Many thanks for your kind reply.

Miguel wrote:

>>Actually, I would like to display the
>>coordinate frame and have the possibility
>>of putting its origin at positions which allow
>>to easily identify  the axis with some symmetry
>>axis.
>>

>Not sure what you mean.
>
>Q: Do you want the axes to be something other than the cartesian axes?

No, cartesian axes are fine. I just would like to
be able to put them anywhere.

>If we first restrict our discussion to the cartesian axes ...

Ok :-)

>The 'boundbox' is defined by the min & max atom center coordinate values
>along the x/y/z dimensions. Try the following:
>
>  set axes on
>  set boundbox on
>
>The origin of the axes is the center of the boundbox. The axes extend to
>the center of the faces of the boundbox.

This works perfectly but does not suit my need.

>Q: If you could position the axes at an arbitrary point, how far would the
>axes extend in the +/- directions?

Argh... this is a good question.

>Q: ... to the faces of the boundbox?

Not necessarily...

In fact, the "ideal" solution would consist
in having the possibility to draw segments
using arbitrary styles and colors.

Best regards,
Max