I was playing with 1d66.pdb and realizing again that in such cases the
zoom maxes out too soon. Way back I had tried allowing for a larger
maximum zoom setting, but that fails to do the job. Just now I implemented
locally what I think is an ideal solution.

The problem is not that zoom can't go very high, it's that the perspective
depth calculation "undoes" the zoom. So here's my idea: Starting with a
certain zoom setting and going up to the maximum (200000), we scale out
the perspective depth. If you think about it, once you have such huge zoom
settings, the subtlely of perspective depth is probably not necessary.

This work. The question is, what is that magic zoom setting where this
effect kicks in? I've tried 5000 and 10000, and both work fine.

Q: What is the highest zoom setting you use IN YOUR SCRIPTS?

I'd like to set this above whatever those are so that scripts don't
change. I'd like this number to lower, not higher, so that its a smoother
transition. Too close to 200000 and what you see is a sudden increase in
zoom capability as you approach the max.