> I have just checked in a version of Jmol that allows:
> inverting selected atoms about points and planes
  I like it!  I thought about asking to add something like this a while
back, but never got around to submitting an official feature request.  I can
think of some really nice ways of using this capability.  (I'm working on
some pages that illustrate concepts of point-group symmetry - see
http://www.otterbein.edu/home/fac/dnhjhns/xmltest/demo.html )  I still
haven't had time to digest the cool new scripting capabilities...

> And, yes, I know -- the next thing needed is "rotateSelected". I'm
> working on that.
  Any chance you can think about improper rotations as well?  :-)

> Comments? Suggestions for perhaps a SIMPLE general format for writing
> coordinates? XYZ? (no number limitation, but no bonds), MOL? (limited,
> but with bonds), PDB? (unlimited, but rather involved).
>
> Alternatively, should Jmol have a new "native format" that includes the
> "state"?
  If Jmol is creating it, what you have looks ok (except for connectivity).
I don't know if bonds should be stored like MOL files or as Jmol commands
(like the state).  I like the idea (in principle) of using XML, though it
certainly doesn't fit the "simple" criterion.

Dean