Hey,

I've been working on a Jmol page that employs dynamic resizing for
everything:  the page structure, both Jmol applets, even the title
graphics.  Most everything is working fine; however, when I resize the
page when an echo is displayed, the echo's coordinates are fixed.  In
other words, if there's an echo on the bottom line and the browser
window is shrunk, the echo disappears.  Conversely, stretching a browser
windows while there's a bottom echo causes it to float closer to the middle.

Not only that, these coordinates stay fixed when new jmolScript commands
are issued, so bottom row echoes stay in the same spot all of the time.
Strangely enough, using both the Jmol console and percentage values for
the echo position places new echoes in the "current" correct position
(which becomes incorrect again after any resizing).  However, using the
pre-set echo rows (middle, bottom) in the console sticks to the areas
first set by the applet as being the middle and bottom.

Is there any way to get echoes to dynamically reposition based on the
applet dimensions (like a JavaScript function that retrieves the current
applet dimensions), or should I just stick to using only the top-left
corner for consistent echo positions?

The fixed position of the echoes seems to be decided after an echo is
first issued, not upon applet initialization, so resizing before
pressing any buttons causes the fixed positions to be set at a different
spot.  This position is decided independently for each row, too, so by
having commands to use the top-right, middle-right, and bottom-right and
adjusting the window in between these commands, they will be aligned
differently horizontally.

The site in question can be found at
http://www.rpc.msoe.edu/cbm/jmol/nbd1.php

Thanks!

-John Regner
Software Engineering/Technical Communication Major,
Milwaukee School of Engineering
Webmaster, Center for BioMolecular Modeling