appletDocumentBase= http://jmol.sourceforge.net/demo/dots/

By the way, the "show saddles and cavities" button should be removed --
that was an early debugging capability that was removed some time ago.

> Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at org.jmol.viewer.Viewer.getPickingMode(Unknown Source)
>     at org.jmol.viewer.MouseManager.setMouseMode(Unknown Source)
>     at org.jmol.viewer.MouseManager.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
>     at org.jmol.viewer.MouseManager11.mouseClicked(Unknown Source)
>     at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)

[The mouse was clicked during applet loading, before the applet was
fully loaded, so the mouseManager had been created, but the
pickingManager had not yet. I'm amazed it can be done, but we could
probably avoid it by rearranging the order of starting the various
managers. Is this particular bug reproducible?]

> (C) 2007 Jmol Development
> Jmol Version 11.2.0  2007-05-30 14:01
> java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.
> java.version:1.6.0_02
> os.name:Windows XP
> memory:2.9/5.2
> appletId:jmolApplet0
> appletDocumentBase= http://jmol.sourceforge.net/demo/dots/
>
> FileManager.openFile(ddt.xyz.gz) //ddt.xyz.gz
> FileManager opening http://jmol.sourceforge.net/demo/dots/ddt.xyz.gz
> <http://jmol.sourceforge.net/demo/dots/ddt.xyz.gz>
> The Resolver thinks Xyz
> openFile(ddt.xyz.gz)1250 ms
> ModelSet: haveSymmetry:false haveUnitcells:false haveFractionalCoord:false
> 1 model in this collection. Use getProperty "modelInfo" or getProperty
> "auxiliaryInfo" to inspect them.
> ModelSet: autobonding; use  autobond=false  to not generate bonds
> automatically
> solventProbe = true
> eval ERROR: el argumento no es vĂ¡lido
> ----
>          color dotssaddle blue <<

[this is old debugging code that was removed some time ago -- dots no
longer have "saddles"]

[the following is not from this same page. I think it corresponds to a
different page, for which the debug parameter has been set true, since
javax.vecmath.Point3f was loaded just fine, above. I don't know why this
particular applet isn't doing the preload correctly. But I agree, it
probably has to do with a proxy problem. The file JmolApplet0_Jars.jar
is not being found.

> WrappedAppletLoader.run(org.jmol.applet.Jmol)
> loadImage:jmol75x29x8.gif
> error preloading javax.vecmath.Point3f
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException : javax.vecmath.Point3f
>     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
>     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>     at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
>     at org.jmol.appletwrapper.ClassPreloader.run(ClassPreloader.java:45)
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed.
>     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)
>     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.access$100 (Unknown Source)
>     at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
>     ... 8 more
>

> 2007/8/6, Einar Coutin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>:
>
>     Hi:
>
>     I'm using the new 11.2.4 version of Jmol and I can manage to load
>     the segmented applet by using the jmol.js script in a web
>     document. This only happens in a network outside of where the
>     server is, in a different domain. I suspect it might be a
>     firewalling problem but still have to check out with the network
>     admins.
>     This is part of what the java console outputs:
>

>     Anyway, before I do that I would like to know which ports the
>     segmented jmol applet uses to transfer each section? This way I
>     can tell the network admins to unblock these ports on my server.

Einar, all the preloading is done automatically for Jmol by Java. So
there are no special ports. It all comes in on whatever port you
initially indicate in your URL.

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900