Another idea:
use ONLY jmolScript()
I've done a quick test and this seems to work, as no form controls are being
built on the fly.

e.g. instead of
<script>jmolButton(.a.,.b.)</script>
use
<input type="button" onClick="jmolScript(.a.)" value=".b.">

I think this confirms my former suggestion: Jmol.js functions that build
controls while page is loading cannot be applied to your current setup.

I still think the solution may be in using
http://jmol.sourceforge.net/jslibrary/index.en.html#jmolSetDocument
whre it says explicitly "...which can later be used to write a page or to write
into a div, using JavaScript."

Yes! It works, but only when the input field contains just the Jmol.js
function:

<script type="text/javascript">
        jmolInitialize("./")
        jmolApplet("300", "load lysozyme.pdb")
        jmolSetDocument(false)
</script>

<textarea rows="5" id="divIn"></textarea>
<input type="button" value="test setDocFalse" onClick="var myControls =
eval(document.getElementById('divIn').value);
document.getElementById('divOut').innerHTML = myControls">

Hope with these hints you can make up a way to have all you need
working.