On Dec 12, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Eran Hodis wrote:

> Is this a memory problem and if so, what is the method for allocating
> more memory to a Jmol applet? -- I remember reading about this once
> on the mailing list but couldn't find it when searching.

you can use runtime parameters to control memory allocation to
applets.  I use this:

-Xmx1024m

it sets the maximum memory allocation to 1024 mb.

where you put this depends on your OS.  under Apple, it goes in a
utility app called Java Preferences (/Applications/Utilities/Java/
J2SE 5.0/Java Preferences). I can't speak to other systems; sorry.

tim
--
Timothy Driscoll                                em: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute               ph: 540-231-3007

04-16-07.  We will not forget you.