Rolf,

are you using the Adblock or Adblock Plus Add-on in Firefox?

>   applet.script is not a function

I use to get this error-message whenever I forget to put a Jmol-Site on
Adblocks whitelist. This issue came up on the mailing list a while ago
and the solution was to uninstall the Add-on, but disabling it for a
certain site or server works for me.

Maybe it helps.

Oliver
--