Eric and All,
The green links are still not working on my office computer.   The
structure on the main page is shown as ribbon, colored by group (N->C
rainbow), with a magenta spacefilled ligand.  On the random page the green
ligand links do not work.  The java version is 1.6.0_05.

The green links do work on two other computers in the dept. running Firefox
on windows.  One of those is running 1.5.0_05 java and the other one
1.4.0_03.

Karl

>>> Eric Martz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 4/7/2008 8:56 AM >>>
Regarding green links failing in Proteopedia.Org:

Four people have kindly reported that green links do not change the
Jmol scene, in Firefox. We greatly appreciate these reports.

We have made one change that might solve the problem. Please try again
now.

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce the original problem from within
the Weizmann institute, for reasons unclear to us. Thus we cannot
tell if the one change has fixed the problem. So we have a few questions:

1. Please tell us: When you go to the main page of Proteopedia,
before you click a green link, does a molecule display in Jmol? If
yes, do you see the SCRIPTED view intended, which is a ribbon,
colored by group (N->C rainbow), with a magenta spacefilled ligand?

2. Do the green links work for anyone who is using Firefox on
Windows? The green link should change the molecular scene/view in
Jmol. If yes, please open Jmol's menu and tell us your java version.
Also please tell us the version of your Firefox (Help, About Firefox).

3. If the green links are not working for you on Windows (Angel,
Andrew and Karl) please tell us the version of java you have
installed (Jmol's menu, About Jmol, 3rd, 4th and 5th lines).

3A. Also please click on "Random Page" (in the navigation box at the
upper left) and try the green links under the molecule for Ligands
and Sites. Does every green link fail?

4. Have any Mac OS X users tried the green links in
http://Proteopedia.Org? ( http://proteopedia.org/? ) We think the problem
is an interaction
between Firefox and java versions 1.6 and later. Since Apple java is
always older (currently 1.4.2_16) than the latest Sun java, green
links may work in Firefox on OS X.

Until we can resolve this problem, we ask that Windows users please
use Internet Explorer if you want to access Proteopedia. This is an
easy workaround. (We're not sure what to suggest for linux users --
Egon?).

Thanks very much! -Eric, Eran, and Jaim