Today I am playing with VRML export. Models export very nicely
(restricted to atoms and bonds, it seems; not a complain, I knew that
features were limited).
Jmol offers by default the .vrml extension for files.

To see the vrml files, I have installed Flux Player (application and
browser plug-in), but it only accepts files with .wrl extension.

I am not used to vrml, so would like to get some feedback from savvy
users about which is the most common extension. Depending on that
feedback, maybe the default for Jmol could be changed to wrl?

BTW, I have just added info about VRML, Maya and POV-Ray export in
the Wiki for future reference. Contributions are welcome.
http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/File_formats