Hi Arjan

It is possible, provided that:
- you use Windows
- you use a PC where you have installed a certain piece of software
- but you really are embedding a webpage that includes a Jmol applet;
this has the advantage that you can also include controls like
butttons and so on

The software is called LiveWeb. Check compatibility with PPT versions
(I have only used it with Office2003)
It is a complement or plugin installed into PowerPoint, and requests
permissions for being run (its an ActiveX).

I must say that I don't particularly recommend this solution, unless
you like it better and you are using your own PC for the
presentation. In most setups, if is easier to just use Jmol app or
and applet in a webpage.
You'd rather jump to the Jmol window, or to the JmolApplet page, in
the middle of your presentation, and back to this after showing the
models. Or you put a hyperlink to the page inside the presentation.
Another advantage is that you have the Jmol page open in advance,
prepared behind the presentation, so you don't have to wait for Java
and the applet and model to load when you go to the next slide.

This has been discussed a few times in the list. I think it's a good
topic for a FAQ in the Wiki. Wil post it there.