Hi all,

I would like to disable the automatic calculation of bonds on startup. This
is needed for viewing large metal structures.

There is an option in "edit"->"properties"->"Bonds" and then "Don't Compute
Bonds".

However: It doesn't seem to do anything. I tried setting autoBonds in
~HOME/.jmol/properties to false, true, 0, 1, off, on, that at least removes
the "checked" sign in the properties menu, but calculation of bonds still
occurs.

I tried to look in the code a bit but couldn't find an easy solution. Using
jmol 11.6.20. Any hints?

--
Greetings, Pim
http://www.molmod.com