Bob,

Three points:

1) It works like a charm, at least with 2-butanol. I understand what
each line in your script is "saying," but I never could have come up
with this on my own!

2) The find axis component of the script will be of general use to me.
I've been agonizing over drawing initial structures to align with the
molecular xyz axis to pre wire structures for Jmol animation scripts.
It seems that there is no need for this. I need to take a closer look
at the Jmol math features. I'm embarrassed to admit that I did not
know that the vector math in your script was a Jmol option.

3) I've casually followed the user group for many years, but I only
recently started asking group questions related to the rebirth of an
old Jmol project. I don't know the protocol for requests or key words,
can you point me?

Otis

Otis Rothenberger
http://chemagic.org