I see the problem, I need to put "all" in quotes. (I had tried that
earlier without success, works now...)

Further question: When I rename the applet suffixes instead of using
the default names (that is, I specify a suffix, "rho" for example,
instead of the default numbering Jmol uses), I am getting a Javascript
alert that Jmol cannot find Applet0. This message appears only on the
first time I click the button. Any ideas?

Frieda