Bob, I know nothing about the basis of lipophilicity ither than having seen it
a couple times in
Chime, coloring molecular surfaces.

I'll try to check tomorrow some examples in Chime and maybe in Accelrys
Discovery Studio
Visualizer too (don't remember now if it offers MLP, but might be, in which
case that would be
a good source and comparison).

I see this as (another) great addition to 12.0!!!
The Wikipedia page saying that Jmol was not a full alternative to Chime has its
days
counted!   (There was quite an argument over that sentence)