Bob and Frieda,

Thanks for the help on this. I did change to the Ajax approach. It seems
to work smoothly.  The added benefit is that it has extended utility as
our student model application grows in size.  With increase use of
compare to see if students got it right, we are storing more and more
information in array "databases." I need to look into JSON and AJAX as
way to keep this stuff on the server till needed.

On another note, I wrote to Markus (NIH) re calling cyclobutane
cyclobutatetrene!!! His reply indicated two things: 1) They are actively
working on improving this db. 2) They welcome the correction of errors.
Consequently, I'll just keep passing them on.  I will definitely mention
the hexose issues. I picked Markus' name at random, but it looks like he
is the go to guy on the Chemical Identifier Resolver.

Otis

Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com